Pumpkin Candles in 35 Minutes

$16

These little concrete pumpkin candles were inspired by a DIY I did a few weeks ago. I really loved the idea of industrial fall decor and decided to make some indoor pumpkins instead of the outdoor ones I made last time. Since my last pumpkins were pretty big I found a way to keep them lightweight by turning the concrete into hypertyfa (if you’ve missed that DIY you can check it out here).

I used a superfine concrete mix for these mini pumpkin candles which makes them set a lot quicker than regular concrete. (photo above shows my concrete mixture)

I filled some tights with concrete and set my wrapped candle on top.

Following that I slipped on some rubber bands to create the pumpkin shape. ( More on the blog about which rubber bands work best for this - Link at the bottom)

You'll need to remove you tights and rubber bands at this point.

NOTE: Make sure you get the setting time right. This will make or break your project. If you wait to long your tights won't come off your pumpkin. Take them off too soon and your pumpkin will fall apart. ( I talk more about what time works best here https://www.lilyardor.com/pumpkin-candle/)

Your candle should come right out.

And that's it.

NOTE to avoid any mistakes I would recommend checking out the full tutorial -

For the full list of supplies and the easy video tutorial visit this link https://www.lilyardor.com/pumpkin-candle/

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Lily Oleynik

• Corie
    Corie

Adorable! Love them!

• Coyle
    Coyle

Anyone else made these? I know us novices may have some problems. Just curious.