How can I remove a garden hose that is really tight?

+4
  • Oliva Oliva on Nov 03, 2018

Try spraying the points of attachment with silicone spray. Wait 10 minutes, then place a small towel over the attachment point and try turning the hose end fitting with an adjustable wrench.

• To Work With My Hands To Work With My Hands on Nov 03, 2018

Channel lock pliers would probably do the trick for you.

• Elaine Elaine on Nov 03, 2018

Make sure you’ve turned the water off and remove whatever you have on the other end, sprinkler, spray nozzle...then take an adjustable wrench aka crescent wrench or my favorite for all things plumbing - tongue and groove wrench aka plumbers wrench aka water pump pliers and turn the female fitting on the hose, not the faucet aka hose bib. It’s probably just air locked. Remember lefty loosey, righty tighty for most things

• Betsy Betsy on Nov 03, 2018

Hi Patty: Turn clockwise while using pliers or channel locks. Don't put a lot of pressure on the tool or you will flatten the hose end. Remember, Righty Tighty (counter clockwise), Lefty Loosey (clockwise) :) Good luck

• Betsy Betsy on Nov 05, 2018

Nope. Righty goes up, counter clockwise and lefty goes down, just like the hands of a clock:) That's why it rhymes, right(y) makes things tight(y) Left(y) makes thing loose(y). I know it's hard, but I hope this helps.