Janet J
Janet J
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Magazine Rack to Baby Doll Crib

At a thrift store, I spotted, on a high shelf, what I thought was a wooden baby doll crib. When I pulled it down, I realized that it was a magazine rack. I have to admit that I was disappointed for a minute, until I realized that it COULD be a baby doll crib.
magazine rack to baby doll crib, diy, repurposing upcycling
My $3.00 purchase......before deconstruction.
Another before pic.
I took out the parts that I didn't need, plugged and sanded the holes. cut the dowels down and put it all back together.
I added some little wooden knobs to the four corners, just to give it a little personality and painted the whole thing white, with a little pink on the knobs. One of my favorite things are the little casters on the legs!
My grand daughter loves putting her "baby" to bed!

• Sandy Hartnett

You are very creative!

• Karla Jean Stevens

good eye I would not have envisioned that but it looks adorable. I have been searching everywhere for something I could repurpose for my granddaughter.it seems like all the baby beds are cheap plastic or too big like for American girl or Journey Dolls