Turn a Bedspring Into a Bottle Holder

$4

Do you ever buy bits and pieces at thrift stores and garage sales with no idea what you plan on doing with them? That is what happened when I bought the rake and later on the bedspring. I finally decided to turn the bedspring into a bottle holder. Or if you prefer an orchid planter.

The first thing I did was get fence boards with character from the woodpile. I had to scrub them down and sand the boards but the great patina remained.

The boards were glued with wood glue. The next step is to take a piece of plywood and nail it to the back of the 3 fence boards.

The bedspring is on the top at a slant. I used coaxial staples to put them on the boards. Rounded staples will also work. I used an empty wine bottle for the placement.

I tried adding another bedspring under the first one but didn’t like it. That is when I remembered I had the rake. I drilled a hole in the fence board where I wanted the rake to go. To attach the rake to the boards I found a knob that blended the rake. That is how I put the rake on the boards.

The final step is a coat of wax unless it will be hung outside. Then you should put a coat of polycrylic on it.  

Now my original vision was to put a bottle of wine in the bedspring and glasses on the rake. But it also makes a great planter with a little storage. So the choice is yours. Which one will you do?

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Shoppe No. 5