How do you get rid of dog hair?

+14

My boyfriend has a dog and his hair is every ware. We brush him every day it's all over the house he has hard wood floors. I sweep them about 5 times a day by the time i'm done you can make a fur coat. LOL but very true.

• Em Em on Nov 04, 2018

If you sweep 5 times a day PLEASE come to my house.

• TheHoneycombHome TheHoneycombHome on Nov 04, 2018

Pet hair is such a constant battle! Maybe try a Roomba!

• Some dogs just shed more than others. I have one of those dogs too. She sheds more than the other 5 combined. Comes out in hunks and chunks too. And no, she is not sick, it is just her seasonal shedding. I have 3 dogs, 3 neighbor dogs, 6 cats a canary and a dragon. I brush half the tribe one day and the other half the next. I mop and vacuum every darn day. Wanna trade? Just relax and do the best you can. It isn't a sin to have a sprinkling of fur here and there. You will drive yourself batty if you try to pick up every single hair. I don't have time to sweep 5 times a day. Every night before I go to bed, I clean the kitchen, vacuum and mop floors, hop in the shower and in the morning there is hair everywhere and my house is small by most standards. I just live with it and try never to wear solid color clothes.

• I know your nightmare, I have 2 of them. Mine are very spoilt and I do let them on only one of my couches which is covered with a protection mat. I also brush them regularly with a grooming glove brushing both directions. The transfer of hair on my couch is cleaned up using a sticky roller.

• Mindy D. Mindy D. on Nov 04, 2018

My best friend is SWIFFER...…!

• Beth Beth on Nov 05, 2018

The dog must be a labrador retriever! They shed more than any other breed. We got a de-shedding tool at PetCo that really helps, but it wasn't cheap -- it was about $45. There is one for long-haired and one for short-haired dogs, so make sure you get the right one. We comb our dog, Beau, with it every day and you wouldn't BELIEVE the hair it gets out. The more we get out with the comb, the less there is to sweep up. And I know what you mean -- we could make a new puppy every day with the hair we sweep up!

• Cindy Cindy on Nov 05, 2018

Thanks so much i will check that out. Maybe with the extra fur we can make 2 puppies LOL