Salt & Pepper Shaker Ornaments

$10

I had a few salt and pepper shakers laying around and I was challenged to make ornaments out of them. I came up with a few fun ideas to share with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

This is my first shaker.

I started by pulling off the lid and putting fishing line through the holes so I'd have a way to hang it.

I then hot glued a little boy throwing a snowball figurine onto the bottom of the shaker.

I added fake snow balls to the bottom. I wanted to give the illusion that he was surrounded by the snowballs he was going to throw.

I added a small ornament of the famous red truck hauling a tree to the top of the ornament.

For my other matching shaker - I attached the string through the holes, added some Epsom salt to the bottom of the shaker, placed 3 mini pine cone ornaments into the jar on top of the Epsom salt. I hot glued a little twine around the lid, and topped it with a mini pine cone on the lid.

For my second set of shakers -

I hot glued a dab of glue onto some wax paper and placed a white bead on it. I then hot glued a total of 3 beads together to make a snowman.

I peeled the beads off the wax paper and now my snowman had a base. I drew a face on my snowman with permanent markers.

I placed Epsom salt in the shaker, and placed the snowman into the Epsom salt.

I added a couple confetti snowflakes on the bottom, and I hot glued a mini snowman hat onto the top. The hat was a clip meant to clip onto presents and such. I pulled off the clip before hot gluing it onto the lid. To hang it - I made a loop of fishing line, and I hot glued it onto the lid before hot gluing the hat onto the lid.

For my other shaker, I placed some Epsom salt onto the bottom of the shaker, hot glued some mini bulbs together and place them in the shaker. I hot glued on silver ribbon to the lid, and I painted the top of the lid with silver nail polish. I hot glued one more bulb to the top and tied fishing line through the bulb to hang it.

I turned this fake light bulb into a snow globe of sorts. I filled it with water, added 2 google eyes, 1 piece of orange ribbon cut like a triangle, and 5 mini pom poms. I added a label that said "melted snowman."

I found this plastic snow globe at Dollar Tree, I brought it home, cut a photo into a circle shape, put it inside, added some buffalo snow to the base, screwed on the bottom, and hot glued silver ribbon to the base.

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Becky

Again, cute but wouldn't they be too heavy to hang on branches of Christmas trees?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Some of them were heavier than others. You could put things in that would be lighter, hang them on the heavy duty branches, or leave them on your mantel if you like :)

• Nancy

What is Buffalo snow?

• Christina

You can get it at craft stores like Joanne Fabrics Michael's Hobby Lobby or AC more. It is just artificial snow. I think it is made from iridescent acetate film. It is named that after Buffalo NY bc they are known for getting a lot of snow.