Salt & Pepper Shaker Ornaments

$10

I had a few salt and pepper shakers laying around and I was challenged to make ornaments out of them. I came up with a few fun ideas to share with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

salt pepper shaker ornaments

This is my first shaker.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I started by pulling off the lid and putting fishing line through the holes so I'd have a way to hang it.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I then hot glued a little boy throwing a snowball figurine onto the bottom of the shaker.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I added fake snow balls to the bottom. I wanted to give the illusion that he was surrounded by the snowballs he was going to throw.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I added a small ornament of the famous red truck hauling a tree to the top of the ornament.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

For my other matching shaker - I attached the string through the holes, added some Epsom salt to the bottom of the shaker, placed 3 mini pine cone ornaments into the jar on top of the Epsom salt. I hot glued a little twine around the lid, and topped it with a mini pine cone on the lid.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

For my second set of shakers -

I hot glued a dab of glue onto some wax paper and placed a white bead on it. I then hot glued a total of 3 beads together to make a snowman.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I peeled the beads off the wax paper and now my snowman had a base. I drew a face on my snowman with permanent markers.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I placed Epsom salt in the shaker, and placed the snowman into the Epsom salt.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I added a couple confetti snowflakes on the bottom, and I hot glued a mini snowman hat onto the top. The hat was a clip meant to clip onto presents and such. I pulled off the clip before hot gluing it onto the lid. To hang it - I made a loop of fishing line, and I hot glued it onto the lid before hot gluing the hat onto the lid.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

For my other shaker, I placed some Epsom salt onto the bottom of the shaker, hot glued some mini bulbs together and place them in the shaker. I hot glued on silver ribbon to the lid, and I painted the top of the lid with silver nail polish. I hot glued one more bulb to the top and tied fishing line through the bulb to hang it.

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I turned this fake light bulb into a snow globe of sorts. I filled it with water, added 2 google eyes, 1 piece of orange ribbon cut like a triangle, and 5 mini pom poms. I added a label that said "melted snowman."

salt pepper shaker ornaments

I found this plastic snow globe at Dollar Tree, I brought it home, cut a photo into a circle shape, put it inside, added some buffalo snow to the base, screwed on the bottom, and hot glued silver ribbon to the base.

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Becky

Again, cute but wouldn't they be too heavy to hang on branches of Christmas trees?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Some of them were heavier than others. You could put things in that would be lighter, hang them on the heavy duty branches, or leave them on your mantel if you like :)

• Nancy

What is Buffalo snow?

• Christina

You can get it at craft stores like Joanne Fabrics Michael's Hobby Lobby or AC more. It is just artificial snow. I think it is made from iridescent acetate film. It is named that after Buffalo NY bc they are known for getting a lot of snow.