Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Cleaning Your Leather Couch

$20

We have leather couches in our home. When you spend that kind of money, you want to take good care of them. I thought I would share how we clean our leather couches with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

cleaning your leather couch

Here is our main leather couch.

Before you start, there are so many different kinds of leathers, dyes, etc. Make sure to spot test your couch before jumping in.

cleaning your leather couch

First thing I do is vacuum out all of the creases with a crevice tool.

My cushions on this couch are attached. If your cushions can be removed, remove them and vacuum the entire base of the couch first.

cleaning your leather couch

Next I vacuum the entire couch using the brush attachment. This helps get up all of the dirt and dust sitting on the couch.

cleaning your leather couch

I use a damp microfiber cloth and wipe down the whole couch. I use a Norwex Envirocloth.

If you have some spill marks, use your microfiber cloth to carefully wipe those away. If you have an oil spot - blot it with a clean cloth and leave it alone. The oil will be absorbed by the leather over time.

cleaning your leather couch

I follow that up with drying it off with a chamois.

That is the basics for cleaning your leather couch.

cleaning your leather couch

Bonus - Leather needs to be conditioned. I strongly suggest buying a leather conditioner from a store that sells leather furniture. The conditioner will keep the leather from drying out and cracking, and protects it. You only need to do this step once every 6 months to a year depending on your climate.

cleaning your leather couch

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations