Master Bedroom Peel and Stick Vinyl Plank Accent Wall

$200

Quick and easy way to give your boring wall (wherever that is, master bedroom in our case) a quick one day solo makeover!

master bedroom peel and stick vinyl plank accent wall

We had a large boring wall on our Master bedroom that I've been dying to accent for the longest time. When we stopped by Floor and Decor, I saw this peel and stick vinyl plank tile and knew that this was the one I wanted to use for the wall!

It's pretty basic to do an accent wall with this peel and stick vinyl plank tile. You just start at the bottom and stagger your way up (peel and stick to the wall). Use a scissor or x-acto knife to cut around outlets and corners.

I did find out as I got further along that some parts of our textured wall was "very textured" and that the wall itself was not flat (had a few bumps from top to bottom). It made the peel and stick very hard so I caved in and used a nail gun to help hold the planks.

If you don't have a textured wall you won't have a problem with just using the peel and stick feature (lucky you guys!)

Use a ladder as it start getting higher and you can't reach it anymore.

And that is the finished result! Done in probably a day's worth of work alone :] (hubby was at work so I pretty much did everything myself)

Another view of the finished accent wall -- I love the beige that matches the paint but also the grey tints that matches the floor.

P.S Ended up using some of the extra leftover plank to do a small section in the bathroom by the toilet ;)

• Eleanor O'Connor Borne

I did this about a year ago but I did it on a half bathroom. ( no shower or tub ) I just peeled and put it up but the next day a bunch of them fell off so I used liquid nail glue.. I don't think it will ever come down... lol but I now want to do it on another wall for a friend but she rents so what would you think I should use if she needs to take it off the wall ? Any suggestions?? Beautiful job for your master room plus thinking about doing my ceiling in my master but it has popcorn ceiling. Don't think that would work

• Susan
      An hour ago

I also used vinyl plank, tongue and groove style, but I nailed each piece with small nails. No glue needed It also adds to the authenticity of the look. I then painted the nailheads to look old and rusty. I could take it down at any time, but it looks fabulous. It's been up 3 years with no problems.

• Betty Blue Easton

Is this like sticky back plastic.?

• Marlowe

How much did you have to spend?

• Ama

Check with various distributors and find out when they'll be having sales.

By putting off your project for a few months you may be able to save half

or more. Also, check out discontinued items.

• Jonij

We Did this for my sons room and had to end up buying wall paste because stick wasn’t holding on the wall. It looked awesome! He loved it!

• I did this 30 plus years ago while renting a low income apartment. I used thumb tacks at the top and ran the paper vertically (top to bottom). I also used the same paper and covered my son's toy box, top of dresser, ect to make his whole room match up. Its an easy, inexpensive, undoable, fix.