Master Bedroom Peel and Stick Vinyl Plank Accent Wall

$200

Quick and easy way to give your boring wall (wherever that is, master bedroom in our case) a quick one day solo makeover!

We had a large boring wall on our Master bedroom that I've been dying to accent for the longest time. When we stopped by Floor and Decor, I saw this peel and stick vinyl plank tile and knew that this was the one I wanted to use for the wall!

It's pretty basic to do an accent wall with this peel and stick vinyl plank tile. You just start at the bottom and stagger your way up (peel and stick to the wall). Use a scissor or x-acto knife to cut around outlets and corners.

I did find out as I got further along that some parts of our textured wall was "very textured" and that the wall itself was not flat (had a few bumps from top to bottom). It made the peel and stick very hard so I caved in and used a nail gun to help hold the planks.

If you don't have a textured wall you won't have a problem with just using the peel and stick feature (lucky you guys!)

Use a ladder as it start getting higher and you can't reach it anymore.

And that is the finished result! Done in probably a day's worth of work alone :] (hubby was at work so I pretty much did everything myself)

Another view of the finished accent wall -- I love the beige that matches the paint but also the grey tints that matches the floor.

P.S Ended up using some of the extra leftover plank to do a small section in the bathroom by the toilet ;)

• Janet

Beautiful! Great idea. It looks like you achieved a random look to the planks. Did you use a formula?

• Cindy Rubin

This may sound weird... but do you think doing the ceiling in the garage would work?

• Pearley Chua

You could, but you have to use a heat and cold resistance glue and you probably need to use nail gun for extra security

• Lonna

Could you put this over paneling?

• Mary Everett

I Love that idea

• Franb

I know what you mean by "bumpy walls". I have those with my plaster walls in my house. Buying those wall panels from either Menards or Home Depot works too. They have a lot of nice patterns. Much cheaper too.