Holiday Yard Decor From PVC Pipe - How to Make a HUGE Candy Cane!

$40

The holidays are a special time of year for many people. No matter where you live, chances are people are decorating for whichever holiday they are celebrating! I made a pretty cool piece of holiday yard decor using a large piece of PVC pipe and a few accessories!

holiday yard decor from pvc pipe how to make a huge candy cane

Start by cutting a 2-3 foot section of the PVC pipe (this will determine how tall your candy cane is!)

Then cut three 3 inch sections.

Next, attach the elbow pieces and the connectors you cut with glue.

Do not attach the top of the candy cane to the base. You need to be able to reach inside.

You can now drill holes along the front of your candy cane, spacing them appropriately for your lights.

After your holes are drilled, add a coat of white paint. After the paint dries, add painters tape to make stripes and then add a coat of red paint.

Once the paint tries, you can feed your lights through the holes you drilled. Use the flange to help hold your candy cane. We will ours with rocks and also used a flat brick in the garden to help hold ours up.

If you have trouble getting yours to stand on its own, try staking it or putting something heavy on the base. Some cute boxes decorated like presents would look adorable!

Amber Oliver

• Mims

Is there a video for this diy candy cane pvc

• Amy Rollings Cato

Neat idea! How did you get the lights in after it was one long piece?

• Donna Lee Scott Thomas

She said in the post, “Do not attach the top of the candy cane to the base. You need to be able to reach inside.” It caught my attention because I was thinking of getting the PVC from Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store. Nope. Not putting my arm in there!

• Jill Kelly

Just wondering if instead of painting the candy cane could you just use red duct tape for the stripes?

• Jill Kelly

Denise, use your red & white on your pvc to turn it into a candy cane pole! Barber poles have a blue stripe along with the red..there's no resemblance.💈😀

• Deborah Allen

To make it stand up just get a 3 ft piece of angle iron , maybe shorter and push into ground then put open end over the iron, instant stand for your candy cane

• My husband made this for me . There is a bottom piece u can screw in that caps the bottom and is wider.. but I can’t remember the name. It turned out great but when he drilled holes it cracked :( n boom the project was lost.. I’m not sure why it cracked :(