Holiday Yard Decor From PVC Pipe - How to Make a HUGE Candy Cane!

$40

The holidays are a special time of year for many people. No matter where you live, chances are people are decorating for whichever holiday they are celebrating! I made a pretty cool piece of holiday yard decor using a large piece of PVC pipe and a few accessories!

Start by cutting a 2-3 foot section of the PVC pipe (this will determine how tall your candy cane is!)

Then cut three 3 inch sections.

Next, attach the elbow pieces and the connectors you cut with glue.

Do not attach the top of the candy cane to the base. You need to be able to reach inside.

You can now drill holes along the front of your candy cane, spacing them appropriately for your lights.

After your holes are drilled, add a coat of white paint. After the paint dries, add painters tape to make stripes and then add a coat of red paint.

Once the paint tries, you can feed your lights through the holes you drilled. Use the flange to help hold your candy cane. We will ours with rocks and also used a flat brick in the garden to help hold ours up.

If you have trouble getting yours to stand on its own, try staking it or putting something heavy on the base. Some cute boxes decorated like presents would look adorable!

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Amber Oliver

• Mims
    Mims

Is there a video for this diy candy cane pvc

• Amy Rollings Cato
    Amy Rollings Cato

Neat idea! How did you get the lights in after it was one long piece?

• Donna Lee Scott Thomas
      Donna Lee Scott Thomas

She said in the post, “Do not attach the top of the candy cane to the base. You need to be able to reach inside.” It caught my attention because I was thinking of getting the PVC from Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store. Nope. Not putting my arm in there!

• Jill Kelly
    Jill Kelly

Just wondering if instead of painting the candy cane could you just use red duct tape for the stripes?

• Jane
      Jane

Jill, I know it’s been a while but how do you get the pvc pipe onto your bird feeder pole? My feeder has a forked portion at the bottom to anchor it in the ground. Thanks