How do I resurface cultured marble panels above my bathtub?

+6
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Nov 06, 2018

You can't. They are a plastic resin with marble dust molded together. You can choose to paint, but it is just a temporary fix, will eventually peel.

• See 1 previous
    • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Nov 07, 2018

I think that could cause other issues like thickness, and water getting behind and mold. If it's dull, maybe you can try polish g it with car wax and buff it out. But not on floor! Hope you find an answer.

• Kim Kim on Nov 06, 2018

Hi Jennifer,

I am attaching a link with information on a product that I have no experience with but sounds like what you are looking for. Please research the product to make sure it will provide the results you want.

http://acepermaglaze.com/showers-surrounds-restoration/

I hope that helps

😊

• William William on Nov 06, 2018

Kim and Cheryl syggestions are great for countertops but not in wet locations. You can try tub and tile kits but it's just a band aid fix. Will not last and eventually fail.

• Carol Jackson Carol Jackson on Nov 07, 2018

Check out the poly ceiling panels at www.udecor.com. Will probably need to prime with mold control primer and use either adhesive for kitchen and bath or exterior. Should do some online footwork for good instructions. You will need to probably use a diamond sand block to rough up surface. That will be a pain in the butt because of the dust-needing the use of a dust mask and protective eyewear. It can be done but this what you may have to expect in that area.

• Jennifer Jennifer on Nov 08, 2018

Thanks Carol. Yes, the dust involved is a big concern to me. I’m old! So I don’t want to lose any lung power I know I’ll need for the coming years. lol