DIY Fall Wheat Wreath

$15

I love dried natural looking flowers, grass, branches, etc. So it is no surprise that I love this wreath made out of dried wheat and it is a great decoration for fall and the Thanksgiving holiday.

This project definitely makes a mess. Be prepared with a broom and a vacuum. Beware the wheat gets stuck in your carpet.

Here is what you need.

diy fall wheat wreath

I started out by grabbing 6 pieces of wheat and cut the ends leaving about 3 inch stems. I played around a bit with the pattern/layout and I ended up choosing three positions for the wheat. The first position was the wheat angled in towards the middle. The second position was the wheat more centered with the wreath and the last position was angled outwards away from the center of the wreath.

After I got my wheat bunch positioned I placed the floral pin over the wheat stems and pushed the pin down into the hay wreath securing the wheat in place.  

diy fall wheat wreath

The pins are easy to pull out if you misplace or have to redo it. 

As I attached more bunches of wheat these covered the floral pins from the previous applied wheat as well as creating a layered look.

diy fall wheat wreath

As I got to the end and was completing the circle I had to tuck the stems in behind the previous applied wheat. In certain spots I had to trim the wheat stems further so they didn't stick out. 

To hang it add a floral pin to the back and thread some ribbon, jute or string through it.

Here it is completed.

diy fall wheat wreath
diy fall wheat wreath
diy fall wheat wreath

If you would like more easy and cheap fall decorations check out this Book Pages Fall Banner and these Fall Printables.

Thanks for checking out this project! Have fun making it!

Dream BIG and DO it!

Tiffany

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY