Gorgeous Little Snowflakes

$0

Snowflakes will be dancing around your house with this quick and easy project.

Glistening snowflakes

I had made these snow flakes last year and put them around my house. Everyone asked how I made them..pure and simple. Save your paper towel and toilet paper rolls!

1. Using a large paper towel roll or toilet paper roll I took my ruler and marked 1/2" spaces all the way down the roll. I flattened the paper towel roll to make it easier to cut.

2. When complete I took my scissors and sliced off each piece.

Measure twice cut once.
1/2" sections

After the sections were cut I warmed up my glue gun.

3. When glue gun is hot, place a small dot on the edge of the first piece. This will be at the bottom.

One this first piece had been glued, go around and do 4 or 5 more to make it look like a snowflake. Attach each piece to the bottom area. This will make the snowflake spread out.

After this basic snowflake was done I took a cutting of the roll and bent it in half. I used the glue gun and put a small dot of glue on both sides and adhered it to one of the inside pieces of the snowflake.

I added the pieces that I bent in half.

I kept using the bent 1/2 pieces and added them to my snowflake. I just took some creative liberty and ran with it.

All finished with glue.

Once the glue step is done I put some newspaper down and put my snowflake on it. I chose to use silver spray paint but you can choose any color you wish. I gave it a good spray and let it dry. I sprayed on both sides.

Silver snowflake

Once my snowflake was dry I took out the GLITTER! I used some modge podge or you can use glue and I swiped my paint brush over the edges of my snowflake. I quickly shook the GLITTER over the snowflake to give it a glistening effect.

GLITTER time!

Once all of the GLITTER is on then I let dry. You can add anything you wish at this point. Some people like jewel embellishments etc.

We had fun making these snowflakes. You'll find that you can't just make one.

All ready to sparkle!

• Mj champagne

Looks pretty and easy too. Could you use white glue instead of glue gun?

• Nicole Frances

I just happened to use the glue gun because it's was on my table. I'm sure any kind of glue would work. 😍

• Joyce Gardner

why not spray paint the tubes before you cut them? White would look more like a snowflake.

• Nicole Frances

I have painted them before and never had a good result. I have also don't the tedious task of painting each cut piece. It's a lot of work.

• Arlene Rogers

My question is...could you spray paint the toilet/paper towel rolls before starting this project?

• Jewellmartin

You couldn’t spray the inside of the tubes, so your snowflakes would be your color in the outside, and tp gray-brown on the insides, which is a look. Cutting the slices would expose raw edges, too. But you could cut, then spray, then hot glue, then glitter. I really like this toilet paper roll art. Best wishes to you, ☺️

• Valerie Burge

So creative and pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

• Laurie S

Can't wait to do this over Christmas break with my granddaughters! Yeaa! Another great crafting project to share with the girls! ♡♡