DIY Kid's Reading Nook

$50

This corner in Ryan's room was missing something. But I couldn't decide what. When I thought about what she really loved, I knew it had to do with books! This little girl has so many books but no where to enjoy them!

So I set out to make her the cutest little reading nook you ever did see!

Materials you'll need are:

Sheer Fabric (I used 5 yards)

Embroidery Hoop (the inside hoop)

Floral Stems

Feathers

Gold Glitter Spray

Hot Glue Gun

Fringe (5 yds)

Ribbon

Start by hot gluing the top of your fabric around the perimeter of the hoop. You’ll want to make sure your fabric is long enough to sweep the floor. The length of my wall ceiling to floor was around 7 feet so I used 2.5 yards of fabric on each side of the hoop.

Once you have your fabric hot glued to your hoop, flip the hoop upside down so the fabric covers the hoop and you can’t see anymore of the wood.

The next step to spruce up your reading nook, is to glue fringe on the exposed sides of the fabric. I used my hot glue gun again for this.

Dress up the top of your reading nook by hot gluing cut floral stems to the embroidery hoop around the opening. I chose to incorporate blush pinks and golds to fit with the theme of Ryan’s room.

Grab your feathers and give them a spray of Rust-Oleum glitter spray to add some sparkle and shine. I strung them up by using some fishing line and hot gluing the ends of the line to the embroidery hoop.

String your reading nook up by attaching ribbon to the embroidery hoop using at least three strands. Tie them into a knot and hang on a hook from your ceiling.

I then set up a cute little stool and magazine holder to store her books in, complete with a rug underneath. She loves it! You can get creative with this part and add some floor pillows or even a rocking chair!

• Hot Glue Gun
  • Sheer Fabric
  • Ribbon

Hayden Scharrer

• Susie

May I suggest a small childs rocker? Might be a little more comfortable for her. You can tell she feels so loved! 💕💕 👍👍

• Victoria

Did you make the flowers? They are cute!!