An Abandoned Tea Cart Gets New Life

This old tea card was abandoned in the back of a barn. With a little elbow grease and some imagination, it's now a bar cart in our dining room.
furniture upcycle tea cart diy, dining room ideas, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Before the old tea cart was filthy, dull and boring. But after a good cleaning and some ASCP Old Ochre and dark wax, it looks stunning as a bar cart in our dining room.
This poor cart was in need of some TLC
The body of the cart was painted with ASCP Old Ochre, distressed and dark waxed to bring out the details.
Although you can't see it in the photos, the red wheels match one of the colours in the area rug. Highlighting small areas like this ties the rug and cart together.
We really don't drink that much!! But it's nice to serve cocktails from a bar cart.
(note: I've since changed out that drawer knob to match the wheels, giving it a more cohesive look).

Heather (New House New Home)

• CK

I really like it too....although I might have replaced the casters with more vintage looking ones....just my opinion.

• Sharon Poff

I just found a real nice tea cart at an Estate Sale. The stain is real nice except for a couple of worn spots on the top. May I ask if you had a choice would you prefer stained or painted cart? I can do both..