Southern Couture
Southern Couture
  • Hoschton, GA

Patriotic Wooden Flag

My porch feels complete now that I have this patriotic wooden flag hanging beside my front door. I found the idea from Tatertots and Jello and just had to make my own. I absolutely could not resist. But as I always say, the fun in crafts and projects is that you can admire someone else’s creation but change it some to make it your own. That is just the beauty of creativity!
There are so many different
patriotic wooden flag, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor
Using your miter saw, cut the wood at the correct measurements. You will have six 3’ sections and three 2’ sections. You will need all of the 2’ sections and then five 3’ sections.
Now you are ready to drill several holes into the wood pieces which is where you will insert the eye hooks in order to attach your flag pieces together.
I laid out the wood pieces first in my design and then marked where to drill with a black ink pen. This extra step will make it much easier to drill.
First drill a hole on the top of each end of one of the red 2’ pieces which is where you will add the ribbon to hang.
Now for the fun part of attaching all the wood pieces together to see that final product come together. Attach by hooking the eye hooks together. You may need to turn them once finished in order for your wood to hang flat and not twist. Once the hooks are in the correct position, you may want to use the needle nose pliers to tighten the hooks again to keep them together.
Last but of course not least, it is time to hang your beautiful piece of artwork. I hung mine on my front porch beside the front door. I cannot wait for our cook-out to show everyone. This is definitely also a conversation piece.
Southern Couture

• Southern Couture

Thank you so much! The blog has more detail and pictures than actually listed here. Hope you enjoy!

• Melvina

Hi ,I Love This Idea For The Patriotic Wooden Flag.