What are the easiest plant to add to a yard that has lots of shade?

+4

I have two Oak trees and a Sycamore tree, which I love...but I would love some blooming plants...I live in Florida and don't have a sprinkler system...Which is the best and easiest plant to purchase...Thank you for your assistance in this matter

• JUDY JUDY on Nov 10, 2018

Hostas. They are beautiful and hardy and they come back every Spring. They will do well in bright shade, or medium shade. You won't regret it!

• 2dogal 2dogal on Nov 10, 2018

Visit your local plant nursery. They can assist you with many different shade plants for your local area and soil. I, myself, have that issue in a different state. I am so tired of seeing Hostas as that seems to be the standard "go to" shade plant when there are so very many different, unique shade plants and shrubs.

• To Work With My Hands To Work With My Hands on Nov 10, 2018

I agree with Judy - hostas are great, but you may also consider hydrangeas. They are gorgeous and adore shade.

• Oliva Oliva on Nov 10, 2018

Lamium, some Heucheras, Astilbe, Bleding Heart, Brunnera all prefer shade.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Nov 10, 2018

Florida has pretty diverse temperatures so need to see what zone your in & then go from there. The tropical areas are way different than the Tampa/Gainesville area.

• Gyp24962463 Gyp24962463 on Nov 11, 2018

lantanas are native to Florida and grow in various colors