How do I get rid of mold in my bathroom?

+5

Had to remove flooring from bathroom, how do I get rid of mold?

• Mazsola Mazsola on Nov 10, 2018

Scrub away what you can, and then use MoldX. That stuff is magic. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

• Mimi Mimi on Nov 10, 2018

There are products out there to do so. However, a simple mixture of 1 part bleach to 2 parts water will do the trick.

• Lisa Lisa on Nov 10, 2018

Pictures would help

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Nov 10, 2018

As long as it is not Deep and decaying the underlayments or worst, into the baseboards, mostly any mold and mildew cleanser, will work, as usually you need to give all of those underlayments a rub with sandpaper to smooth out the rough spots anyways. Then after that you gotta wash that down too, so most Prep washes with Acids (like TSP among others) can assist this job of killing mold and mildew.

The question however is better to ask: why did it Grow in the first place? And How do we prevent this again?

Excess Humidity usually: Sometimes Toilet, Sometimes Tub, Sometimes Steamy Showers, Sometimes Radiator Steam or an underlying Plumbing Problem or sometimes: Children leaving the toilet seat up in the Summer. All those are the Primary Contributors.

Thus, as you may more have an underlying Condensation problem or leaky pipe, you should check that too while you are down there. Maybe invest in a Small Dehumidifier or a Succulent Plant to place on the back of your toilet too.

I mean: I find that Dehumidifiers are a Scam usually. You do not need to Plug a Cactus or Aruga plant into your Electric Outlet. If the Plant ever dies of Overwatering when you do not water it for a week, maybe you need more plants.

• See 1 previous
    • Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Nov 11, 2018

You're Welcome

• Cbarragan49 Cbarragan49 on Nov 11, 2018

Thanks all I'm doing clean up to find n fix problems. It was pretty bad but now I can redo my bathroom. Yay!