DIY Gold Studded Plank Wall

$20

I was making over my ugly brown hallway. I wanted a little rustic glam in the space. I added plank walls and then studded them with gold nail heads. I'm in love with this wall now :-)
diy gold studded plank wall, diy, wall decor, woodworking projects
Can you believe this before picture? I don't know who thought brown, more brown plus more brown was a good idea. I made this hallways light, bright and beautiful!!
I decided on adding gold nail heads to every other plank. I used leftover plywood underlayment to do the wall.
The nail heads really do make this wall a little glam. Rustic + Glam = My Jam ;-) We have really been enjoying our new plank wall and the entirely new space. everyday tuesday
The nail heads were a pain to get in. I actually broke/bent about 5 before finding an easy way to get them to go in without bending. TIP: Use a finishing nail to make a hole about half as deep as your nail head, pull it out then put your nail head in and gently tap it in the rest of the way. Sort of like pre-drilling for a screw.
Leigh Anne @ Houseologie