How to Repair, Refresh and Restring an Old Wind Chime

After having some much needed yard work done by professional tree removal folks, a long lost wind chime tube was unearthed. I decided to reunite it with the broken wind chime from which it came.
how to repair refresh and restring an old wind chime, repurposing upcycling
Pretty wind chime after some new paint, stain and string.
The wind chime is located on the right where the arrow is pointing, The long lost tube was found on the left under that huge/ugly bush where the other arrow is pointing. The tree guys removed all of the bushes with the x's.
I used solar light stakes and tubes to hold the wind chime tube while I spray painted it. This new Dual Superbond paint by Krylon has such great adhesion and coverage-love it!
You can see that I allowed the spray paint to dry using this milk crate.
Because we are in the middle of an awful heat wave, I brought the newly painted (and stained) wind chime indoors for restringing. Hop on over to the blog for more details if you have a wind chime that needs some tlc.
Gail--My Repurposed Life

• Patricia Downs

I have two wind chimes that need to be restrung as well as the top that is made of wood needs to be replaced. Where do I find the wood top?

• Lori Jackson

I have a couple of chimes that need repairing. Has anyone located a cord of proper strength in stores (as opposed to having order online)?

• Louise

They are beautiful. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.