Make a 3D Paper Star Lantern

$5

Why spend money on a paper star lantern, when you can make your own?

With this easy tutorial, you can learn to fold a 3D star out of paper. Hang it up just as it is, or add a string of lights, or use a lantern kit for an extra special touch.

make a 3d paper star lantern

SUPPLIES:

For this project, you will need scissors, a hot glue gun, and two square pieces of paper.

The paper can be any size and any type. I used a patterned vellum paper for my star.

Watch the video for the full tutorial for how to fold a four or eight pointed 3D paper star.

If you want to turn your star into a lantern, be sure to add your string of lights, or install the lantern kit before you glue the two halves together.

make a 3d paper star lantern

Be sure to check out the Single Girl's DIY website at the link below for more details, and a bonus! You can see how to make a five pointed folded paper star, too!

Single Girl's DIY