Fall Welcome Sign

$20

I have been wanting to make a welcome sign and finally I went for it. I already had scrap plywood and this piece was perfect.

Deciding which stencil to use
Deciding which stencil to use

Lightly sanded edges and top. I painted the whole board black first.

Oppps samples
Oppps samples

I always buy opps paints at discount. Love them for these kid of projects.

Removing stencils
Removing stencils

I used a round stencil brush and did pretty good.

Needed some love
Needed some love

After I finish taking off the stencils I realized that it needed something else, plus somehow I got the E crooked on the bottom. I needed to put something on there to pull it away from the E. The different colored brown and beige leaves blended then created nice colors .

Made it a fall Welcome
Made it a fall Welcome

The leaf stencil worked perfect, I grabbed different colors of acrylic paint and went to town beiges to Brown’s. I think it turned out perfect .

Ran leaf through letters
Ran leaf through letters

Once it all dried I used a exterior clear coat.

i knew I would be putting outside so I painted the back of the board too.

fall welcome sign

The crooked E blends in perfectly! It was great the whole project took me a couple of hours and most of it was waiting for the paint to dry.

Fall Welcome sign
Fall Welcome sign

Even in a snowy day! So far everybody has commented on it.