A
A
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Vineland, NJ

Snowman Cupcake Tin

I'm a baker and a bit of a collector (hoarder?). I love baking tins, cookie cutters, etc. I have a stash of 6-cup muffin tins that I picked up at a thrift store. I have never baked only six of anything, so I'm not sure why that purchase ever happened. I have discovered something fun to do with them however...

snowman cupcake tin

These are the supplies:

Muffin tin

Snow-tex

Blackboard paint

Black & orange slick paint

Brushes and a plastic knife

snowman cupcake tin

Give the backside of the tin a coat of blackboard paint. Let dry.

snowman cupcake tin

Give it another coat and let it dry completely.

snowman cupcake tin

Apply the Snow-tex to the muffin cup backs with a plastic knife. Coat well.

snowman cupcake tin

This is how it should look when all cups have been covered. Let dry completely. Before moving on to the next step, be sure the hole is at the top.

snowman cupcake tin

With the orange slick paint, add noses pointing in different directions. Let dry to avoid smearing before the next step.

snowman cupcake tin

Lastly, add eyes and mouths with the black slick paint. Many expressions can be made by adding eyebrows and positioning the eyes and mouths.

You can either hang with a ribbon or display on an easel.

• Betty Hutchinson

Could you possibly pop them off the tin and hang them separately?

• Frances Anderson

Use cling film over the tin shapes that way once dried just pop them off attach to a cardboard backing with a hook and hang them x

• Rawhide

I like this idea. I have a question why did you use chalk paint?

• Jeanne Martin

It was blackboard paint, I think. It would provide a deep dark black color. I’m sure any black paint would work and, like her, I use whatever I have on hand.

• Jewell Martin

I didn’t catch on until the last step. I figured these would be individual cupcakes. But this is a whole wall or counter decoration! Great idea. ☺️

• Steve C

A great fun idea.