How do I fix the broken metal leg on outdoor bench?

+6

Should I use JB Weld? No easy access to a welder. Bench is rarely sat upon, for looks only.

q how do i fix the broken metal leg on outdoor bench
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Nov 12, 2018

Yes you can use JB weld. This video will show you how to do it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjx85PYfUdA

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Nov 12, 2018

Yes, JB Weld Original formula. It needs to cure in a warm environment for 24 hours, minimum. And of course you’ll need to brace it so it stays put while it’s curing.

• See 1 previous

Maybe the garage?

I did get a Safety Data Sheet from JBW, as I’m getting ready to use it in the house and I was worried about the off-gassing.

Turns out it won’t be that bad, but I will leave the house for a few hours afterwards.

If you want the that SDS, I’ll see if I can get the pdf to work as a link.

• Mellissas Mellissas on Jun 21, 2021

I remember there was a similar problem. And do you know how I solved it ? He called his cousin. He's always been so proud that he understands welding and all that. And what do you think ? He only made it worse, I'm serious. I don't call for help anymore.

• Mellissas Mellissas on Jul 07, 2021

I guess welder will make your progress move faster. I have a problem considering where to by a high-quality welder for my needs. I've searched for help in internet and it was really hard too find qualitative consulting. Thanks God, I've found such specialists. You must know that not also skills but the welder itself plays a big role in your work. At most sites instruments are overpriced, you literally have to break a bank to afford a new high quality welder:). Fortunately, i came across the cool guys who helped me to choose a welder that has become my favorite since I've started to learn welding. that is a Hobart Handler 140. That is a BEST WELDER EVER! Fortunately, i came across the cool guys ( find more here) who helped me to choose a welder that has become my favorite since I've started to learn welding. that is a Hobart

• Marty Ayers Marty Ayers 7 hours ago

most benches are made from cast iron.... and are literally CAST (in a mold)... they can be welded but only by someone who has experience doing it... and the correct type of welder (welding machine) designed for that type of welding...and in some cases a Blacksmith can repair it.... in all probability... buying a new one would be cheaper than paying for a repair