Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Wooden Bench Upcycle

$10
1 Day

I got this wooden bench from a thrift store but it didn't match my home's colors. I knew it was time to upcycle it using a wood grain tool and a stencil.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

wooden bench upcycle

Here is the original bench. It's color was a taupe color and it just didn't match my home's colors.

wooden bench upcycle

I painted the legs with Apple Barrel Brown acrylic paint.

wooden bench upcycle

I painted the top and side of the bench with Apple Barrel Warm Buff paint and let that dry completely.

wooden bench upcycle

I made a mixture of the Apple Barrel Brown with water to create a glaze. I painted this on the top of the bench.

wooden bench upcycle

I used a wood grain tool to create a wood grain effect on the top. I rocked the tool back and forth to create the textured look as I dragged it along the top of the bench.

wooden bench upcycle

I did the same thing to the sides of the seat of the bench as well.

wooden bench upcycle

I let this all dry completely.

wooden bench upcycle

I place my Plaid Woodland Stencil of a Moose onto my bench and held it secure with painters tape.

I used Apple Barrel White with a little Apple Barrel Warm Buff mixed in to get the stencil color I wanted.

I used My Plaid stencil brush, dipped the brush in the paint and then pounced the brush to unload as as much paint as possible to be ready to stencil. I then pounced the my stencil brush onto the bench and stencil.

wooden bench upcycle

I carefully lifted the stencil off and let the moose dry completely.

wooden bench upcycle

Here is the completed bench. I'm so happy with the way it turned out.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Annie

Super bench, how much apple barrow brown paint to water to make the glaze please, do you then use the rocker to remove the glaze and show the light base coat thank you

• Vicki

Wonderful tutorial. Very Nice Job

Are you going to have to seal it, for leave it organic?