(Almost) No-Mess DIY Glitter Christmas Ornaments

$5

It's time for Christmas DIYs! And you know what that means...glitter everywhere. I love glitter, but I hate finding it all over my house. These beautiful ornaments will solve that problem for you by letting you enjoy the beauty of glitter on your Christmas tree or in your holiday decorations while keeping the mess contained.

And it uses wood floor cleaner. Yep, wood floor cleaner that I already had in my

almost no mess diy glitter christmas ornaments

Then grab your glitter. I tried a few different kinds and think the chunkier glitter looks prettiest with this method.

Use a funnel, piece of paper, or napkin to dump glitter into the inside of the ornament. Then shake it around until the entire interior surface is covered and shake out the excess in a paper cup.

That's it! Just a few minutes to make each of these beauties...let dry and pop the tops back on. I went with a more traditional silver and gold. I bet red and blue would look stunning, too.

To see a bunch more pics and read more details about this project, including the specific cleaner I used (that you might have in your cleaning cabinet if you have wood floors!), check out the original post linked below. I am also doing a series of DIY ornament posts on my blog, all of which use cheap clear ball ornaments. This is the first one I posted; here is the second—stunning nature-themed ornaments. You can also follow me on Pinterest for loads of holiday DIY and decor ideas. :)

Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn

• Sydney Jones

I’ve always used Pledge FloorCare Multi Surface Finish. How does Murphy’s Oil Soap work? Does it dry and hold the glitter like Pledge does?

Thanks

• Jenine Anderson

Read this twice. Didn't see when or how the Murphy's comes into play. Just said to put glitter in. I'm assuming inside. Did I miss something?

• Ham12116164

I have done this with my grandchildren works great, less fuss.

• Angie Johnson

Do I use glass ornaments or plastic ones ?

• Lisa West

I love this idea. Sitting here with my daughter amber looking for cute quick diy idea for the coming holidays as I celebrate winter solstice and well as Christmas. My ancestors celebrated the solstices so I do that as well tradition is very very important. I did sign up for your emails and I am following you on pinterest. Now that I sound stalker lol thank you for these wonderful ideas. Keep them coming please.

• Ann Stuart

Im not prepared nor do I drive due to Epilesphy to grab what I need.But ILove waching these ideas and concepts such wonderful ideas.Im more into the house hold cleaning Ideas!!!!!