Homemade Disinfecting Spray and Deodorizer Recipe With Essential Oils

$5

Cold and flu season is coming, so I need to start disinfecting my home again. I use natural cleaners to clean my home because my son has asthma. It saves a lot of money and helps us all breathe a little easier. This disinfecting spray recipe is easy to make and works great to naturally kill germs.

homemade disinfecting spray and deodorizer recipe with essential oils

I used vinegar, alcohol, distilled water, and tea tree oil to make my disinfecting spray.

I chose tea tree oil because it is antibacterial, but you can use other essential oils. I include other oils and blends in my blog post, so click over to see the other oils that I recommend.

You'll need:

1/2 cup vodka

1/2 cup white vinegar

3/4 cup distilled water

50 drops essential oils (I used tea tree oil)

Mix the vodka, white vinegar, and distilled water in a container. I used a large measuring cup.

Then add your essential oils.

Pour into a spray bottle. You can use a 16 ounce spray bottle, but I like smaller spray bottles. I have a little spray bottle that I keep in my car to disinfect my steering wheel, hands, and whatever else gets dirty.

I also use a 4-ounce spray bottle at home to hit door knobs and other areas.

To use, first clean the area to remove dirt and grease. Then spray and let sit for 10 minutes. You can wipe it dry, but you don't have to rinse this.

Be sure to visit my blog post for more essential oils, tips, and more information about how the ingredients work.

Everything Pretty

1 comment