Linda
Linda
  • Tallahassee, FL

PAINTING FURNITURE WITH CHALK PAINT

$50

Recently I had an opportunity to paint with chalk paint and I think it might be my new favorite way to paint furniture. Follow along as I share with you an easy way to paint furniture with chalk paint.

Step 1: With any project it is best to prep the furniture. Find a degreaser to spray or wipe on the furniture. If you are not painting the entire piece of furniture then it is best to spray it on the furniture and then wipe it on. Next rinse it off with water.

Step 2: Now it is time to tape the edges if needed or begin to paint. Keep a cup of water handy to keep your paint brush moist. Begin with dipping your brush in the water and removing the excess water off the brush. Then get some paint on the brush and start painting.

Step 3: Paint a thin later on the furniture and let it dry for about 30 minutes.

Step 4: Next apply a second coat of paint. If you are using a color this will most likely be your last coat but if you are using white then you will probably need a third coat.

Step 5: Remember me mentioning a third coat if your using white? Well, wait a whole day before adding the third coat. Simple apply the coat just like before and again let it dry overnight.

Step 6: You are almost finished! Next apply some wax to the painted finish. Apply it on like butter. I like to move in strokes up and down. Next take a clean cloth and wipe the excess wax off the paint. Then another cloth to buff the wax. And now you are done. Give your cabinet some accessories and enjoy!

And there you have it. It really is as simple as it looks. I painted the back of my hutch in no time. The longest part was waiting for it to dry. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. For more details instructions and a video click this link below. Or if you would like to know how to milk paint furniture try this post too.

• Dixie Belle Chalk paint and wax  (The Wooden Butterfly)
  • Paint brush  (Amazon)
  • Rags, paper and tape  (Walmart)

Linda