STYLING YOUR MANTLE IN THE MINIMALIST STYLE

$100

There is something about decorating in the minimalist style. It makes a space seem larger and uncluttered. Follow along to see one idea for decorating your mantle in this style. And the best part is you may already have all the items in your home.

Step 1: As you can tell from the photo baskets are going to play a big part on your mantle. Begin by collecting an assortment of 4 or 5 baskets to hang on the wall. You will also need some thin nails, tall vase, eucalyptus, garland and candles.

Step 2: Place your vase and greenery on one side of your mantle.

Step 3: Now position your first basket next to the vase. You can be spontaneous with this and place then randomly or place all the baskets on the floor in front of the mantle and create your design.

Step 4: If you have any basket placemats you can use them too. Now run a nail through the weave and hang a placemate too.

Step 5: Repetition is a great design element. If you have two identical baskets put them both on the wall.

Step 6: Add your last basket again with a nail and it is time for more accessories on the mantle.

Step 7: Place some of your favorite candles on the shelf and a garland and your mantle is complete.

Now it is time to light your candles, sit back and enjoy your new room. Click the post below for me photos and tips. And if your looking for more mantle ideas try my styling mantles post.

Linda

• Carol Willis-Holden

I am a basket fanatic, but I don't have a mantle! Still, putting some up on the wall seems like a great idea! Thanks!

• Snp Borjas

This so inspired me. It absolutely beautiful. I love it.

• Linda

This made my day! I am glad it has inspired you.