$10 Custom Bathroom Storage

$10

My bathroom cabinet was damaged in the move and scratched up a little. It was in need of an update. I decided to create my own custom finish by sanding and waxing to achieve a look I was happy with.

10 custom bathroom storage, Before

I started by removing the door. I sanded lightly with fine sand paper and began by adding white wax using a chip brush. I began with the door so I could be sure I was going to like it before doing the entire cabinet.

10 custom bathroom storage

I coated it with white wax and let dry.

10 custom bathroom storage

I sanded it lightly and brushed on a custom color I mixed using acrylic paint and wax, then let it dry.

10 custom bathroom storage

I started on the cabinet and reinstalled the door for the next coat of wax. I continued waxing the cabinet till it matched the door and was ready for the next color of wax.

10 custom bathroom storage

I mixed some gun metal acrylic paint with clear wax and added a coat. I applied it lightly using a chip brush, coating it thicker in areas and lighter in other areas to allow other colors to show through.

10 custom bathroom storage

I let that dry, then added a coat of clear wax to protect the finish.

10 custom bathroom storage

I placed it in the bathroom and began adding a little decor. I am happy with how it turned out.

10 custom bathroom storage, After

10 custom bathroom storage

• Jackiesbichon

Where did you get your shower curtain?

• Annie

Great cabinet and technique how much paint to wax please

• Michael Scott

I use 1 part paint to 1 part wax, a little less paint will allow more of the wood and other colors to show through. I start with clear was and add color till I’m happy with the color and consistency.

• Pam

how did you fill in the damaged area before painting?

• Melin

Love it! What a dramatic, stylish and beautiful transformation ~ and so professionally well done. Kudos!

• Debbie

Really like the colors. Looks awesome