Birch Wrapped Candles + Other Decor

$10

I don't know about you, but I love decorating with birch bark and birch branches for Christmas. It is so beautiful and textured; perfect for the neutrals of farmhouse decor and perfect to set off green and red if you like more traditional decor.

birch wrapped candles other decor

I went into the forest to collect a bunch of birch tree branches to use in my home. With some, the bark was falling off.

birch wrapped candles other decor

I simply cut the bark with a scissors to open it up.

birch wrapped candles other decor

And I wrapped it around my festive red pillar candles.

birch wrapped candles other decor

Super easy!

I also added thinner branches of birch into my vase arrangements.

birch wrapped candles other decor

All the greenery was also found in the forest, I only purchased the red berry stems. I used larger birch branches that were in good shape to create a display outside my front door in a large vase. I added the big red bow for some Christmas spirit.

birch wrapped candles other decor

These really easy projects allowed me to decorate my home with mostly free materials from nature. The branches do not deteriorate much at all and you can keep the displays (without the red) all winter season!

Visit my blog to see a centerpiece I created with birch branches as well! You can also subscribe to my Youtube channel for DIY videos and craft tutorials.

Melissa Woods

• Carolie

Isn't it illegal to cut or take things out of forests?

• Jeannie Ellis

It depends on who owns the land. You are not allowed to remove wood or plants from National Forest land in the USA and some state owned forests but with privately held land it’d be up to the land owner.

• Jixyrocker711

The color & texture does go well with the Christmas theme. Does it fare well with year round projects? Can you preserve it & if so what’s the best way to do so? Oh, by the way, I’d only use what I found on the ground. The only part of a tree I will cut is a dead branch.

• Carla

Love birch projects.

• Mary Boger

All look so nice. But please remember to peel only the branches that have fallen. Don't peel branches that are still part of a living tree.