Melissa Woods
Melissa Woods
  • Saint Joseph, MN

Merry Mail Tree Christmas Card Display

$5

Every year we receive beautiful Christmas cards from friends and family that just lay in a stack on the counter. This year I wanted a simple, seasonal way to display them. I created a "tree" on my wall using just jute rope and sticks.

merry mail tree christmas card display

The first thing I did was scavenge through the forest to find sticks that were fairly straight and about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Then I clipped them to the desired length so I could have the descending in size. The top one was approximately 8 inches long and the bottom was about 36 inches long.

merry mail tree christmas card display
merry mail tree christmas card display

Then I wrapped and hot glued jute rope around the ends of each stick. My jute rope I also measured in evenly descending lengths.

merry mail tree christmas card display

Then I nailed into the wall where I wanted my top triangle of the tree to go.

merry mail tree christmas card display

Then I used paper clips to attach my Christmas cards to the jute rope!

merry mail tree christmas card display

I also hung some cute little juniper branches.

merry mail tree christmas card display

Now I have a cute way to display Christmas greeting cards! If you want to see more festive holiday ideas from me, visit my whole home Christmas tour!

Also be sure to SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO SEE DIY VIDEOS AND CRAFT TUTORIALS.

Melissa Woods

• Lauren

Thank-you for sharing your adorable idea. The design is so flexible, it can be decorated to coordinate with any Christmas decor style!

• Shelley Spellman

Cute idea.