Boring to Blue Kitchen Makeover

It took two months of nap time painting sessions to take our kitchen from boring builder grade basic to blue and white. The upper cabinets were painted white and the lowers a dark blue. Now when I change my mind (which I do often) I only have to paint the bottom cabinets for a whole new look. Added a flea market shelf above the sink, switched out the light to one I found at the ReStore and spray painted. Added wood corbels from Home Depot. And updated the faucet to a gooseneck faucet from Overstock.
boring to blue kitchen makeover, diy, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting
Before
Before
I had to work with the existing grey counters and flooring.
White upper cabinets and blue lower cabinets.
Added cafe curtains from scrap fabric. The floral fabric is from Heather Bailey.
$120 faucet from Overstock.
Shelf brackets found at a flea market.
I hope to eventually lower that breakfast bar.
Overtime we are replacing the white appliances with stainless.
Billy Ball flowers from Etsy.

2 Little Superheroes

• KATHY KRAMER

I actually prefer your white appliances over stainless. You did an amazing job! I love how colorful and happy It is. It must be a joy to prepare meals in this kitchen.
  • Christine

This is probably the most creative and unusual kitchen makeovers i have ever seen. Your eye for detail and placing the cutest design elements (curtains, plates and collection of objects, lighting etc) is just wonderful. What an inspiration! Getting so sick of the same kitchen make-overs ... this is great!