Quick Kitchen Cabinet Storage With Wall Control

$20

Two of our three Workshop Wednesday segments were in Steph's kitchen. First we shared a look back at our Aspect Peel and Stick backsplash projects. You can see that here on Hometalk. We installed this two weeks ago and have been very pleased with how it has held up.

While in the kitchen, Steph shared a really fast and easy storage idea using small panels from Wall Control.

You can access the video at the 4:20 timecode mark.

quick kitchen cabinet storage with wall control

Steph has a tiny kitchen with very limited storage space. This cabinet holds her pans. It was frustrating for her to have to move everything to get to what she needed. That pull out shelf was not providing any kind of organizational help either!

She going to be installing two of these small Wall Control panels. They are perfect for installing in small spaces or where you only need one row of hooks. Those are the hooks she tried out.

Steph held up the panel to determine the placement.

The blue thing on top of the panel is a level. It's important to use one so that the panel is hung level on the wall of the cabinet. The panels are screwed into the side 1 1/4" long wood screws. In case you're wondering, the screws did not come out into the cabinet next to it.

Panels were installed on each side of the cabinet. That wire rack was removed as it was not helpful.

The hooks were put into place. What is nice about this, is the flexibility to move the hooks as needed if you want to change out what you store or add new cookware.

This long hook was perfect to hold three pans on one side of the cabinet as well as a heavy cast iron pan on the other side.

Here's a look at the left side with pans and lid in place.

On the other side, a shorter hook holds oven mitts. Next to the mitts is the heavy cast iron pan. You can see the hook holds it really well.

With the pans hanging, the center of the cabinet is free for larger, bulkier items.

Ahhhh, so much better and it only took about 20 minutes from start to finish! It really is a 'Fast DIY!'

Mother Daughter Projects

• Joann Crefasi

Still have to remove 2 frying pans to get the one at the back. Wouldn't Extra large cup hooks have been cheaper??

• Debbi Merritt

Where do I find the brakes and hooks?

How do I ask for them

• Sybil Fontenot

Love this idea, my cabinets were built by my dad whom built this house, it a jigsaw pixel trying to get the pot I want, same thing with my. Cookie sheets and pizza pan, thought I could use a rack that I could slide my flat pans in , you think that would ork.???

• Rita Thompson

Looks like a great idea! Now just which cabinet to reorganize!

• Maureen Barringer

yes!!!!!!!! use wood -to make a file cabinet -just like they use in a drs office -my husband took out the cabinet out over the refrigerator & made the file cabinet --side ways -for all my flat cookie-pans & trays & pie covers & roller pin etc - works out so wonderful as it is so much to use not to bent down -plus you can see -what you want to use all the time

another invention of ours 111111 slide the things in between the slits