No-Chemical Adhesive Remover

$1

We've all been there. You take a label off a bottle or jar for a DIY project and you're stuck with that sticky adhesive that won't come off.

I used to always reach for a chemical adhesive remover, but, not anymore! Slowly, but surely, I'm trying to eliminate chemicals from our lives and I've got a great way to remove labels. Are you ready? It's peanut butter!

I came across this stack of Pinot Noir wine cups and knew they'd make a great recycle/upcycle project, so all I needed to do was clean them up - after drinking the wine, of course! As I peeled off the label, I was left with a sticky film.  

I put a dab of peanut butter on my finger and proceeded to spread it across the adhesive on the cup:

After it was covered, I left it on the kitchen counter to work its magic!

After about an hour, I wiped away the peanut butter and gave the cup a good washing.

Clean and ready for my project!

Easy Peasy...I hope you'll give it a try the next time your faced with sticker adhesive! Be sure to visit my blog for other projects and tips...After the holidays, I'll be sharing what I did with the cups!

http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/2018/11/no-chemical-adhesive-remover.html

Ann|The  Apple Street Cottage

• Ama

Great info ladies! Will baby oil work too?

• Snowdiva

Yes, so will almost anything with oil in it....as long as the product with the oil in it, isn't harmful to what you are working on.

• Elise

I’d like to know what you did with them now. I got these @ Walmart. Mine are empty more too. I had Pinot Gris @ am using them for collecting coins.

• Jennifer

The oil in the peanut butter works great! Have you tried coconut oil yet? Works like peanut butter, good for your skin, you can use it on your hands so paint will wash right off too!