No-Chemical Adhesive Remover

$1

We've all been there. You take a label off a bottle or jar for a DIY project and you're stuck with that sticky adhesive that won't come off.

no chemical adhesive remover

I used to always reach for a chemical adhesive remover, but, not anymore! Slowly, but surely, I'm trying to eliminate chemicals from our lives and I've got a great way to remove labels. Are you ready? It's peanut butter!

no chemical adhesive remover

I came across this stack of Pinot Noir wine cups and knew they'd make a great recycle/upcycle project, so all I needed to do was clean them up - after drinking the wine, of course! As I peeled off the label, I was left with a sticky film.  

no chemical adhesive remover

I put a dab of peanut butter on my finger and proceeded to spread it across the adhesive on the cup:

no chemical adhesive remover

After it was covered, I left it on the kitchen counter to work its magic!

no chemical adhesive remover

After about an hour, I wiped away the peanut butter and gave the cup a good washing.

no chemical adhesive remover

Clean and ready for my project!

Easy Peasy...I hope you'll give it a try the next time your faced with sticker adhesive! Be sure to visit my blog for other projects and tips...After the holidays, I'll be sharing what I did with the cups!

http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/2018/11/no-chemical-adhesive-remover.html

Ann|The  Apple Street Cottage

• I use Olive oil on a paper towel, works pretty easy on any labels I have had. Thanks for sharing.

• Nona KIline

The best way to remove any sticker or label is a blow dryer. Just hold it on the label and peel right off.

• Bridget

I’ve done it this way too! Also If the oil (whatever you choose to use) doesn’t quite do the trick, you can add a little baking soda and gently rub. FYI, I was cleaning something with grease on it on my car, and of course my poor hands and nails were an absolute MESS. Used some olive oil and baking soda, and no joke, it all came off!