A Fourth of July Celebration in Flowers

When I think of the 4th of July I think of pic-nics! Don't you? And being outside in the garden with the kids I thought it would be fun to celebrate the fourth of July with you with the flowers in colors that dazzle you while you celebrate the occasion.
Red and White Cascades of Roses
Ketchup and Mustard
Ketchup and Mustard
Ketchup and Mustard by Weeks Roses always makes me think of summer time and pic-nics!
This is John F. Kennedy. Our hearts turn to patriotism on the 4th of July and this rose is a beautiful reminder of those who served our country and gave their lives in service.
Mr. Lincoln draped in rain drops
Mr. Lincoln is one of the country's all time favorite roses. If you live in Illinois, its simply a must have.
Bleeding Hearts for Those We Love Who Serve
Everyone loves the sweet and delicate Bleeding Heart.
Red Petunias add a splash of color
Petunias are easy to grow and do come in Red | White and Blue colors!
Firecrackers
Doesn't this just look like fireworks to you?! So this is our flower fireworks display! This is from a garden in Minneapolis, MN when I toured gardens as a speaker for the Twin Cities Rose Club in Minneapolis.
'Uncle Joe'
No celebration is complete without 'the relatives' so here is hefty ole 'Uncle Joe' known to have the most petals of any rose, sweet and hefty, no garden party is complete without 'Uncle Joe"!
There's always flying 'guests' at the party!
This is a rarely seen Sphinx moth I captured last week-end on the verbena! So be prepared to see beautiful flying insects at your party!
Red | White | Blue Basket #Jobes Organics
Your party has lots of flare when you spice it up with your colorful red | white and blue container gardens. I planted these before I was going to P. Allen Smith's Moss Mountain Farm for his annual speaker get together and I did use Organic Soil that they sent me and asked that I use it for a competition.
Red | White | Blue Container Plantings
Have a Happy and Save Fourth of July! Say it in Flowers!
Children complete every celebration.
Let the fun begin the gangs all here!
Kids | Flowers and the 4th of July!
Just add Food, Pets, Beverages and we have a real celebration!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer

To see more: http://www.gagasgarden.com

• Elizabeth Sagarminaga

The 4th of July is one of the most celebrated occasions for all Americans. Even after centuries it continues to be the most patriotic holidays in the US. And yes, for us it is more of a day which is a holiday meant for picnics and celebrations. Very nice suggestions, thank you for posting such beautiful pics.

• Gaga's Garden - Susan Fox

Hi Elizabeth, Thank-you for your lovely comment. I love the 4th of July as well. I hope you will visit www.gagasgarden.com You really sound like a person that would enjoy the things I write about. Sincerely, Susan Fox