Denim Pocket Patchwork Chair

$20
1 Day

Dare I confess our bedroom is rarely fully tidy, I often have clothes piled up on my denim covered Victorian chair. Our bedroom has a denim theme, with denim tab top curtains and a denim quilt so when my husband needed his own bedroom chair it was natural to turn to denim!

I started the project by removing the seat pad, sanding and cleaning the chair. The chair was then painted with two coats of Fusion Mineral Paint.

On to the fun part, recovering the seat pad with denim pockets. Remove the original cover of the seat pad to use as a template.

Use a thin cotton fabric for the base of you denim pockets - lay out your design. Ensure you do not have extra thick parts of denim where you will be folding the corners.

Sew your pockets in place. For tips on encouraging your machine to stitch through layers of denim visit my blog post here.

Stretch you denim fabric over the seat pad. Think again about your corners, if they are too bulky the seat pad will not drop back in.

Starting from the center staple gun staples to hold in place - stretching the fabric as you go. It helps the tension if you work evenly around all sides as you go.

Lastly drop your seat pad into place.

Vickymcreations