Happy New Year Wreath

$10

I was asked to create a deco mesh New Year Wreath for the holiday season. I am excited to share the results and tutorial as I added some personal touches with lights, disco balls, and an interchangeable year.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

happy new year wreath

You'll need a wire wreath form. Mine is 14 inches and came from Dollar Tree.

happy new year wreath

I cut a silver pipe cleaner in half and twist tied the mesh to the bottom of the outside of the frame.

happy new year wreath

I then pulled the mesh up rough each of the gaps between the wreath form. I pulled up a loop of about 2 inches - First the outside, then middle, then inside. I then repeated this again - loop up through the outside, middle, and inside.

happy new year wreath

Keep the silver connected, just set the roll aside. Next twist tie on our second color and repeat the looping process twice like before... outside loop, middle loop, inside loop, and again outside, middle, inside.

happy new year wreath

This is about what it should look like. It won't look pretty - but don't worry you'll fluff it later.

happy new year wreath

You'll rotate 2 sets with silver, then 2 sets with white. Do this until you get all the way around the wreath. If you run out of mesh, simply use a pipe cleaner and secure the end, then secure your new one and continue. I used 2 rolls of silver and 2 rolls of white.

happy new year wreath

When you get to the end, secure your mesh to the wreath form and secure with a pipe cleaner.

happy new year wreath

Cut off the excess.

happy new year wreath

Now fluff your mesh. Widen, unwind, and spread apart each mesh loop to fill out our wreath.

happy new year wreath

For my wreath, I wove in LED lights that I got at Walmart.

happy new year wreath

I secured the battery pack on back with pipe cleaners.

I wrapped a round a gold star garland.

happy new year wreath

I hot glued on little silver and gold disco balls.

happy new year wreath

I took 4 gold pipe cleaners and made the numbers 2019 and I twisted them together to connect them.

happy new year wreath

I set this in the center of the wreath. I didn't glue it in as I wanted to be able to change it out year after year.

happy new year wreath

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations