Christmas Wooden Rocking Horse

$12

I guess I have a thing for wooden rocking horse's this year because I have found 2 at thrift stores and snagged them! With Christmas decor on my mind, I gave this wooden rocking horse a new story. A Christmas story. With glitter, lace and a plaid bow, this horse has a new life.

christmas wooden rocking horse

Isn't she pretty? I paid $1.99 at Goodwill.

christmas wooden rocking horse

First, I spray painted her white. After it dried, I used sand paper to give it the rustic look.

christmas wooden rocking horse

I found this sign at Big Lots. I took it apart because I only wanted to use the Merry Christmas part for this upcycle.

christmas wooden rocking horse

But doesn't every project need glitter? Asking for a friend. This is easy. Just use Mod Podge and add glitter. Then, shake it off. Shake it off like Taylor Swift.

christmas wooden rocking horse

I decided this horse needed a seat. So, I added a small wood tree from The Wood Connection.

christmas wooden rocking horse

I added this plaid bow. It is an Ornament from Big Lots.

christmas wooden rocking horse

I also added lace ribbon. Sometimes you get to crafting and you just can't help yourself. A little glitter. YES. A little lace. YES. A little plaid. YES YES.

christmas wooden rocking horse

I added red burlap to the back of the sign as well. Like I said, sometimes you just get carried away.

christmas wooden rocking horse

Total I spent less than $15 for this upcycle.

christmas wooden rocking horse

Now, I just need to find a spot for my Christmas horse. This thrift store upcycle reminds me of Christmas past. There is just something about a wooden horse that reminds you of being a kid at Christmas.

christmas wooden rocking horse

On the bottom of the horse I found the name of the wood shop that made it. After some research I learned that this shop gave jobs to people with disabilities. This horse has quite a story. From Missouri to Arizona and now Christmas. I love a good craft story.

The CSI Project