DIY Pine Cone Trees For Winter Decor!

$20

A few years back I discovered this idea online at a now-defunct blog, The Little Acre That Could. I thought these were so cute that I decided to make some! I found simple directions, using moss in pots, topped with pines cones with burlap, raffia, greenery, fruit, etc. Read these easy directions and make some to brighten up any space!

diy pine cone trees for winter decor

I started with three Terra Cotta pots from the local big box store. Next step- I hot glued the decorations on the front of the pot, easy to do first! I made them all slightly different since I made three. I used a few things I had on hand. I used a slice of fresh orange, some cut pieces of burlap for texture, cinnamon sticks, raffia tied in a bow, whole cloves, greenery, and a small crystal. It reminded me of ice!

diy pine cone trees for winter decor

Next I added about 2" of clean gravel in the bottom of the pot for some weight. I then added Spanish moss, then glued the pine cones on top. For the tall one I added a little piece of wire on the back to stabilize it.

diy pine cone trees for winter decor

Then I just sat out and enjoyed! They're are easy to customize and store as well.

diy pine cone trees for winter decor

You could potentially make these for exterior use as well. I have seen these really large ones with just moss and cones on a patio. Photo below from https://fleamarketgardeningdotorg.wordpress.com/our-flea-folk/meeting-sue-langley/

diy pine cone trees for winter decor

Great outdoor decor in the snow!

• Three Terra cotta pot  (Home Depot)
  • Hot glue gun  (michael's crafts)
  • Glue gun stips  (michael's craft)
Little Homestead In Boise