Master Bathroom Makeover

$4000
2 Weeks
Advanced

Master Bathroom make over using Bead Board and project Boards. Added New flooring and removed popcorn ceilings. Cabinet makeover, replaced tub but love the cabinet Idea❤️

Started by removing old jacuzzi first and capped off water lines by using shut off valves.

Painted and destressed the project boards then used a brad gun and liquid Nail to attach them to the wall.

After designing the accent wall we put up the white Bead board which I layer painted.

Put Bead board up.

Then started scraping ceilings by spraying water to wet the ceiling then removing with a wide scraper

Pic of scraper I used

Then we layed new plywood down by using a nail Gun.

Then I kilzed the bathroom cabinets and the bead board. . I took left over Bead board and measuring the door I cut pieces to fill in the outside of the cabinet doors as I wanted something interesting not boring so I had this brain storm and this is what I came up with. Then I changed hardware and knobs on the doors. I wanted to make the bathroom vintage/antique looking

I glued the bead board on with liquid nail and filled in any cracks I didnt want with DAP. Then painted it. Using a piece of sea sponge I made the bead Board looked distressed to match the accent wall.

This was before we started anything. This really needed to be pic #1

This is our finished project. This really wasnt a cheap makeover though. But thought someone may like the cabinet idea and how to remove the popcorn ceilings or distress the project boards. I hung an old antique lamp in the corner that I was blessed to find for 20 dollars . This was a lot of work but so rewarding. I LOVE this bathroom!!

I added stencils on the front of the drawers and printed off roses from clip art then modge podged them on the sides. I did not want boring ..then added on beautiful glass knobs

Then painted the hardware to the lamp and the chains a silver

Made. My homemade decore using a board I had in my shop and letters, beads and ribbon purchased from Hobby Lobby.

Then painted my vanity and hung my doors

I have many more pucs and steps any questions feel free to ask. I hope you get some use from my project

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter

• Kat

lov it , how on earth to get hubby to do ? my hubby goucy when ask to do special things i stopped asking, will just hire it done

• Susan Falco

My former husband often refused to do the work so I learned that I would have to either A.) Start the project myself, whereas he would then tell me to hire someone since this took time from him or B.) Warn him that if he didnt start it, I would hire someone and he would have to pay for it. In the end, we most often just hired someone.

• Debbie Paul Child

This is just georgous. The only question I have is where do u put your shampoo at in a claw foot tub? I didn't see any built in cabbies on the wall. Just curious because I want a claw foot tub so bad.

• Esther Cherry Carr

Just saw this I guess. Wanted to say thank you! I love my Bathroom and all the young ladies that comes over wants to soak in my tub. 😀.

far as a Bath tray I wanted to build my own. Its going to look vintage and even have a holder for my ipad so I can watch a movie while I’m in there. I finally got everything to finish it. Super excited!

• Susan Falco

What is the paint colors and brand you used?

• Esther Cherry Carr

Its been awhile now since I did this project so I cant remember. I do know I googled robin egg blue colors and it was valspar Paint from lowes. You may be able to look through the comments I am sure I told others at that time.

• Angie Hinkle

I would love to do this updated bathroom project but financially nope lol don't have it but about this project it is the most beautiful and gorgeous area where the tub is at that wall is like a beautiful dream I really love it To me it is the best bathroom make over I have ever seen in my life sorry other people that does bathroom make over or up date or what ever but this bathroom make over project takes the top of a delicious cake and have ice cream at the same time VERY GORGEOUS

• Susan Falco

Start looking on line for deals. If you have the time, you will find them. Also, you can use the same theme only in a different color. Check your local paint stores for colored paint that someone returned. You may find a color you really like. Keep looking.

• Ruth

Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors you used! Well done!