Master Bathroom Makeover

$4000
2 Weeks
Advanced

Master Bathroom make over using Bead Board and project Boards. Added New flooring and removed popcorn ceilings. Cabinet makeover, replaced tub but love the cabinet Idea❤️

master bathroom makeover

Started by removing old jacuzzi first and capped off water lines by using shut off valves.

master bathroom makeover

Painted and destressed the project boards then used a brad gun and liquid Nail to attach them to the wall.

master bathroom makeover

After designing the accent wall we put up the white Bead board which I layer painted.

master bathroom makeover

Put Bead board up.

master bathroom makeover

Then started scraping ceilings by spraying water to wet the ceiling then removing with a wide scraper

master bathroom makeover

Pic of scraper I used

master bathroom makeover

Then we layed new plywood down by using a nail Gun.

master bathroom makeover

Then I kilzed the bathroom cabinets and the bead board. . I took left over Bead board and measuring the door I cut pieces to fill in the outside of the cabinet doors as I wanted something interesting not boring so I had this brain storm and this is what I came up with. Then I changed hardware and knobs on the doors. I wanted to make the bathroom vintage/antique looking

master bathroom makeover

I glued the bead board on with liquid nail and filled in any cracks I didnt want with DAP. Then painted it. Using a piece of sea sponge I made the bead Board looked distressed to match the accent wall.

master bathroom makeover

This was before we started anything. This really needed to be pic #1

master bathroom makeover

This is our finished project. This really wasnt a cheap makeover though. But thought someone may like the cabinet idea and how to remove the popcorn ceilings or distress the project boards. I hung an old antique lamp in the corner that I was blessed to find for 20 dollars . This was a lot of work but so rewarding. I LOVE this bathroom!!

master bathroom makeover

I added stencils on the front of the drawers and printed off roses from clip art then modge podged them on the sides. I did not want boring ..then added on beautiful glass knobs

master bathroom makeover

Then painted the hardware to the lamp and the chains a silver

master bathroom makeover

Made. My homemade decore using a board I had in my shop and letters, beads and ribbon purchased from Hobby Lobby.

master bathroom makeover

Then painted my vanity and hung my doors

I have many more pucs and steps any questions feel free to ask. I hope you get some use from my project

• What is name of the color paint used on the walls. I love it!

• Esther Cherry Carr

I googled Robin Egg blue /sherwin Williams and it pulled up numbers and I chose according to the numbers. It’s actually 2 different color Blues. I chose the robin egg blue and then one a bit darker. After it dries it leans towards the teal blue. If I can find my sample cards back or my paint number ill come back and post it for you.

• Kat

lov it , how on earth to get hubby to do ? my hubby goucy when ask to do special things i stopped asking, will just hire it done

• Debbie Paul Child

This is just georgous. The only question I have is where do u put your shampoo at in a claw foot tub? I didn't see any built in cabbies on the wall. Just curious because I want a claw foot tub so bad.

• Best way to remove popcorn ceiling is first! Literally spray the ceiling with a garden hose just until almost raining and use a drywall scraper. It comes right off into dustpan you hold in your other hand. Any loose pieces fall onto floor your going to rip up anyway, especially carpet. Let it fall, roll it up and toss out with the carpet.

• Jamie K.

Love your makeover!