Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Abbie M
Abbie M
  • Hometalk Team
  • Brooklyn, NY

Two Christmas Tree Pallet Ideas

$20

Have an old pallet lying around? Try this for the holidays! Check out the video for more how-to's!

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 1: Trace

First, grab a yard stick and trace out a triangle shape onto the pallet.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 2: Cut

Next, cut out the traced shape with a saw.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 4: Create base

Next, add a longer piece to the bottom to create a base so the tree can stand.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 3: Reinforce

After that, grab 2 pieces of scrap wood and wood screw them into the back to reinforce it.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 5: Paint

After that, paint the pallet a color of your choosing or keep it bare.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 6: Decorate

Finally, thread your tree with lights and add a bow. You can add ornaments, stars, garland, the possibilities are endless!

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

This little tree is the perfect addition to brighten up your yard for Christmas!

Don't want to cut the pallet? Try this!

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 1: Paint

First, paint your pallet. I wanted a weathered look so I did a white wash method-- by not painting the pallet solid.

You can skip this step - but I wanted to be able to see my Christmas tree even when it wasn't lit.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 2: Add lights.

Next, attach lights using a staple gun. I started at the top, and went from left-to-right with my pattern, stapling along the way. Being mindful to carefully attach them - by pull away one of the three tiny strands and stapling it so I didn't staple through the wire.

If your strand of lights is super long, you can make fuller zigzags.

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

Step 3: Add trunk.

Next, I stapled piece of scrap pallet wood to the bottom for the trunk of my tree. *Note: if you're using an industrial stapler for this project, you won't be able to use it for the trunk so just grab a hammer and a few nails to attach it.

Step 4: Decorate

After that, I stapled a big flower to the top -- you can add a star or bow if you want as well. Then, I hung ornaments on the lights!

2 christmas tree pallet ideas

If you have room inside your home, you can lean it up against your wall over your fireplace, or just lean it outside your house like I did!

I hope this inspires you to rescue an old pallet this holiday season!

• Pallet
  • Staple Gun
  • Staples