How To Make Peppermint Candy Soap

$15

What can be more fabulous than handmade soap to give as gifts! And a cute one at that!

how to make peppermint candy soap

The first step is to determine the amount of liquid the mold holds by filling a round mold with water and then pouring that amount into a measuring cup. Each soap cube equals 1oz. And each mold that I used contained 1/4 cup of liquid. 1/4c equals two fluid ounces. So two cubes melted equals 1/4 cup.

Next, cut the number of glycerine cubes needed and place into a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave at 30 seconds, stir and then microwave at additional 10 second increments until soap is melted. Stir again.

how to make peppermint candy soap
Add in drops of peppermint soap fragrance and stir. I had trouble smelling the peppermint so I kept adding drops until I could easily smell it. Add red colorant next and stir. I added about 6 drops of color to get this shade. It didn't seem deep enough, at first. 

how to make peppermint candy soap

Pour the red liquid soap into the molds and . . .

how to make peppermint candy soap

lightly mist with alcohol to remove any air bubbles.

how to make peppermint candy soap
Next, cut the shea butter soap (white) into cubes, and melt in microwave following the same steps as before. Adding just the peppermint fragrance this time and stir together.

Pour the white soap into molds and lightly mist with alcohol to remove air bubbles

how to make peppermint candy soap
Let the soap cool at room temperature for a couple of hours. Soap can take from 30-90 minutes to harden, so don't be impatient. You can speed up the process by putting it in the refrigerator.

how to make peppermint candy soap
Once the soap is solid, remove from the molds by gently popping them out of the silicone. Be sure to clean and dry the molds. We'll need them later.Next, stack the red and white soap on top of one another and cut into pie shapes - first, in half . . .

how to make peppermint candy soap
then in quarters  .  .  . and finally, in eights.

how to make peppermint candy soap
To create the peppermint candy look: Melt three cubes of clear glycerine soap, first at 30 seconds, stir and then at additional 10 seconds intervals until soap is melted completely. Stir. Pour a thin layer of melted glycerine soap into the mold covering the bottom. Lightly spray the layer with alcohol. Spraying alcohol between layers will help them to adhere to one another. Place alternating slices of red and white soap into mold, forming the peppermint candy look.

how to make peppermint candy soap
Lightly spray with alcohol. Pour another thin layer of clear soap on top of the red and white soap and lightly spray with alcohol, again. 

how to make peppermint candy soap

Let dry for a few hours and remove from molds. Wrap each peppermint soap in cellophane to look like candy.

how to make peppermint candy soap

Secure ends with ribbon, tying in a bow. Cut off excess cellophane.

how to make peppermint candy soap

How cute is this! It's also a fun project to do with kids!

how to make peppermint candy soap
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Alyse Beninson

First of all these are adorable and seem so easy to make! BUT once the clear soap is used off of them do they fall apart?

• Twe27748752

why couldn't you pop them back into the microwave for about 5 or 10 seconds at a time to heat them up enough to meld together? peppermint candies aren't perfect if you look at them close.

• Peggy Clark

I just 💞 Love Love 💞 this Awesome Idea As A Gift.. I'm going Shopping tomorrow oh my gosh, just so excited. I have Family & Friends here every year for Christmas Eve. My most important thing to say & ask is:

1) Something I've not ever done so I hope I don't ruin the whole idea!🙁🤔

2) Where do I find all of the necessary items to get started? Hoping not to be too expensive to do this!! Is there something to do for the children and men. I'm cut sure what they would say about peppermint smell.

I want to say ☆ Thank You ☆ In Advance, To Anyone That Is Able To Help This Anxious & Excited Lady Out!! 🙂

• Thanks, Peggy! It's easier than you think! You can get the soap, fragrance, and colorant at any of the craft stores. The silicone mold I found at Michaels and with a coupon, was less than $5.00. It only takes about 30-40 seconds to melt the soap in the microwave and then drop the fragrance in. And the red color is added to the glycerin soap. As for the peppermint smell. Judge for yourself. I had a hard time smelling it, so I added lots of drops and still after the soap harden, I still had trouble smelling it. Also, remember to spray with alcohol everytime - it really helps for the two different soaps to blend and seal together and to remove any air bubbles. Good luck!

• Jaynie M

These are so doable and adorable! They look easy to make without looking like you just threw a few things in a bag without any thought, effort, or feelings. This has the LOOK OF REAL EFFORT PUT IN TO IT, but without any sweat!

Really a great gift idea! Thanks!!

• Peggy Clark

Gail I hope to be able to make some of these soaps. Haven't ever tried but Anxiously wanting to try!! I just sent a note on the page with a bit of fear requesting some: Ideas & Places & How to do. Hardly wait to start...

Thank You for SHARING THIS IDEA!💞

Sincerely, Peggy Clark