Kelleysdiy
Kelleysdiy
  • Palm Springs, CA

Holiday Chandelier

$20.00

What embraces decorating the holidays more than lights! I wanted to create something for a dark corner in my family room...something magical! I had an idea what I was going to do, and started going through my Christmas bins looking for inspiration!

holiday chandelier

I started my project with a wire wreath, chains, hooks and a strand of icicle lights. 

holiday chandelier

I sprayed the wreath, chains and hooks with Rustoleum American Accents White Flat Spray Paint. When they were dry, I topped it with Rustoleum 2x Ultra Cover Matte Clear to protect from all elements.

holiday chandelier

I then wrapped the lights around the wired wreath, letting the strands fall through.

holiday chandelier

I added a garland and picks around the wreath attaching with thin wire. I added ornaments and a very special angel front and center. The angel was my grandmothers and each year I try to incorporate it in my holiday decorating. Every time I pass it I think of her and smile.

holiday chandelier

I then added some colorful garland to the 3 chains,.I ended the lights at the top where the hook is. I attached a extension cord to the end of the lights that has an on/off switch .

holiday chandelier

This is how it looks now that I've finished

holiday chandelier

This is what it looks like during the day.....but at night...

holiday chandelier

Fills the room with light!

holiday chandelier

This is what it looks like looking up from underneath! What is sooo awesome is I already had everything for this project!

Kelleysdiy

• Nannette Brown

i love this idea. I am going to make at least one for my sunroom. It has a dark corner, I will change the garland to a sea theme and add seashells

• Mini

Great idea and beautiful! Will try. Thanks