Ann
Ann
  • Medford, OR

Make It a Book Page Christmas-It's Easy!

$2

My head is easily turned by bright colors and all the glitter glitter glitter that comes around for Christmastime, but sometimes I just need a decor project that is easy on the eyes with a mix of neutral tones. As usual, I don't want to spend money to get it! So I make decor using pages from old, retired books. It's easy and cheap!

make it a book page christmas it s easy

I like to use old dictionaries since the printing is dense. And many of them have neat illustrations. Here I've used Mod Podge to cover a 3D star shape made from lightweight cardboard from a cereal box.

make it a book page christmas it s easy

So easy and so so inexpensive! Once the paper is dry, burnish around the edges with an emery board or sandpaper for a soft finish.

make it a book page christmas it s easy

I love the muted, neutral colors and the visual interest on these stars!

make it a book page christmas it s easy

More book page Christmas decor! Cover old decor balls with book pages. Make rosettes from them. I've even covered a pedestal cake stand!

make it a book page christmas it s easy

And here I've used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to make a sweet garland for a desk top tree. I added script to each decor ball, too. As for the origami flowers...they started out as book pages, too!

make it a book page christmas it s easy

The soft neutral tones are a nice change from bright bright holiday colors and with book pages, it's easy to add to your decor. Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Ann