How do I get rid of mice without chemicals?

+6
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Nov 22, 2018

Good luck, I tried several things like peppermint, lavender and hedge apples. I think they called all their friends and I got more. Finally Decon poison won out - 42 move later. Yikes. Still finding poop.

• Mogie Mogie on Nov 22, 2018

Mice are supposed to hate the smell of peppermint oil. There are always good old fashioned mice traps. My dad used these and they work well. Dab it on cotton balls and place about. Remember mice can get into your home thru a space about the size of a dime. If you eliminate their food source that is half the battle. Make sure everything that sits out is stored in a air tight container. Don't let dishes sit in your sink. Take the trash out before night. If you put pet dishes on the floor pick them up and wash them right away. Wipe counters down. Sweep or vacuum the floor daily (or every time a crumb lands on the floor). Throw out old newspapers and magazines since mice love to use these for bedding. In other words become a neat freak. Good luck!

• Use no kill traps and call an exterminator and heed their advice to plug up all holes or points of entry.

• Theresa Adrian Theresa Adrian on Nov 23, 2018

Dryer sheets work great as a repellent.

I place & tape them all over the places I know they come in and gather at ( entrance holes under kitchen sink somewhere & on my stove) and I ve not found any small black droppings for a week!

Now my husband says the neighbor has 2 new cats too, so a bit of both scenerios at work here.

I ll keep this up though & see how long it will work, otherwiseI ll buy poison.

I ve got a grand baby now and my 12 yr old St Bernard passed this past summer. So my Plan B will have to happen. Risking sickness is not an option!

• DORLIS DORLIS on Nov 23, 2018

I live in the woods so get many mice coming in for the winter. solution have a house full of cats. I rescue but now due to age only have three but they get the job done. mice get in but don't stay long.

• Kathleen Basiewicz Kathleen Basiewicz on Nov 23, 2018

First get some #0000 steel wool from you hardware store and push it into the opening around you pipes coming into the house. Kitchen and bathrooms etc. Then find where to buy Tomcat snap mouse traps if your hardware store doesn't have them. Find some seed corn from birdseed or a feed store if you don't have some and hot glue a kernel to the inside bottom of the trap and set the trap and set them out where you have seen mice, especially along walls where they like to run. The mice will be caught because they can't get the corn out of the trap.

• Pat Pat on Nov 23, 2018

Within a two week period we caught 5 mice in the garage.....mouse traps baited with peanut butter. Swept out the garage and rebaited the traps.....since then haven't caught any more..'"yet".

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Nov 23, 2018

HUMANELY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpMSrBbn3I then take them far enuf away they can't get back

• Mlou Mlou on Nov 24, 2018

I hear that tea bags deter mice and spiders.