Christmas Village Display

$20

I wanted to create a display for Christmas Village and after trying in other parts of the house I decided to make use of the fireplace.

christmas village display

I decided to use boxes to allow me to display all the houses where you could see them and add some dimension to the display.

christmas village display

I wanted to minimize the amount of snow that would be needed. I decided to use mirrors to create the look of ice in front of the buildings.

christmas village display

I place the boxes in the desired position and covered them with a thin roll out snow. I allowed enough space on each corner to hide cords later.

christmas village display

I began setting up the village on the left side of the fireplace. I hid the cords as best I could by running them behind the buildings and pushing the buildings in place.

christmas village display

I repeated the process on the right side of the fireplace doing my best to hide cords as I went.

christmas village display

I used thicker roll out snow to hide the cords and create a more natural snow look.

christmas village display

I turned out the lights and looked at the finished project. I may add some Christmas decor but I am happy with the village display. It is out of the way of foot traffic as well as the workspace needed to build a fire.

christmas village display
christmas village display

Decided to add led lights to the village, the contrast was bothering me.

christmas village display

• Jessie

So pretty, I have tons of these fabulous houses... but could never put them so close to where my grandson can touch.. I also love the idea of using the mirrors !

• Pamela

nice job !!!!

i used to set my village on top of out bookshelves,,,thanks for bringing back the memories !!!