DIY Paint Stirrer Christmas Tree Ornaments

$5

Hey everyone! I recently shared a DIY glitter ornaments tutorial, and today I'm sharing another ornament tutorial. This one uses something unexpected: paint stirrers. When I finished them, my husband actually looked at me and said, "those used to be paint stirrers?" That's the kind of reaction to a DIY you want.

I used Home Depot paint stirrers. Not because I'm a Home Depot gal, but because they had a nice

diy paint stirrer christmas tree ornaments

As a first step, I lined three up. Then I cut a smaller piece to be the stem. You could also use a popsicle stick here if you have one. Note—I recommend using a small tool designed for precision cutting here. Like a Dremel with a small cutting blade.

I glued the piece down using wood glue.

Next I drew diagonal lines on the back to create the tree shape. I just used a pencil and a straight edge. Then I cut along the edges. Trim the "stem" if you'd like.

I painted the stems black for a nice contrast. I love the contrast of light wood and black. Very chic. I used a small drill bit to drill a hole for an ornament hook, too. What do you think? You can check out more photos and details at the blog post linked below by my pic.

Not bad for free, considering I had the tools, glue, and craft paint already! Have you ever made anything with paint stirrers? Also, I made these easy no-mess glitter ornaments and some stunning winter-scene ornaments as well! I've been on a bit of an ornament kick :) Happy holidays!!

Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn