How do I get my X-mas cactus to bloom?

+4
  • Betsy Betsy on Nov 26, 2018

Hi Kathy: Well, you just have to let it do what it does best:) Mine are in north, west and south windows and are blooming right now. Give yours some fertilizer, I use Schultz's to help it along. One of tmine blooms at Easter:) Keep them out of direct sunlight, indirect light is best, don't over water and it should get into a grove of blooming if it's new to your house. Good luck

• Susan Ellis Yamakawa Susan Ellis Yamakawa on Nov 26, 2018

And pot bound

• Debbe Debbe on Nov 27, 2018

Believe this or not I read an elderly lady had a 30 year Christmas cactus she would give it black coffee no cream or sugar about once a month. It bloomed every year ! I am trying it out myself. I'll let you know !🤞🏻

• Shirley Shirley on Nov 27, 2018

I had a friend tell me to put my cactus in a dark closet in September. Bring it out to the light in November. It blooms every year.

• Kathy Kathy on Nov 27, 2018

I put it in my master bathroom and am going to ferlize it with "flower power".