Asked on Nov 27, 2018

How can I decorate my banister festively for Christmas?

FlipturnCindyKathy Gunter Law
+5

• Skippinsd
    Skippinsd

Just saw the cutest thing ever: put layer of cotton “snow” down bannister then add plastic penquins or do a country scene using ornaments like truck with trees, skaters, pond etc

• Skippinsd
    Skippinsd

Yes it was adorable

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

You can wrap garland that is lit then add ribbons and ornaments. Garland can be purchased pre-lit or you can buy battery operated lights and add to garland. I love the idea Skippinsd offered, you can add polar bears and other animals with scarves and winter caps as well.

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Donna. I'm Cindy. At our old house we had a banister and we always draped garland down the banister. Let the garland drape and use zip ties to secure it in place. With every upswing of the garland add 3 red ornaments. You can always add ribbon and red bows for a festive look too. Good luck Donna and Merry Christmas.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

There are reusable plastic clips and ties sold for the purpose of hanging garland from banisters. Velcro can be cut to custom-fit lengths.