Chas
Chas
  • Jacksonville, FL

Sliding Door Console

$350

This is one of my most recent projects, a beautiful console that I built for a customer. (I built it based loosely on these plans from ana-white.com- http://www.ana-white.com/2015/08/free_plans/grandy-sliding-door-console)

sliding door console

Having a little helper is the best!

sliding door console
sliding door console

The first thing I did was build two frames out of the 2x3's. And then added the side panels to the sides, using plywood. Then I glued and nailed down the face frame boards.

Then I laid down the bottom shelf boards on the bottom frame. The next step was to add in the middle shelf by placing it inside the console and then attach it from the outside to secure it in place.  

sliding door console

My favorite aspect about this build is the mini hardware from amazon. It really fits nicely on the piece and doesn't over power the smaller doors.

sliding door console

sliding door console

Then I placed the backing on the console using plywood. The last piece to finish off the console was the top shelf.

sliding door console

Then I painted the console a white matte.

sliding door console
sliding door console

Putting in the finishing touches.

sliding door console

Here is a customer picture of the finished project. I think it looks great!

• awesome job !! I love building things too ! how much was the total amount you spent on materials and how many hours total did you spend making it ?

• Chas

The time and dollar amount has updated.

It it took us about 10-12 hours and 350 bucks.

We finished he’s in just a few days working on it in our spare time. :)

• Gayle Deas

Wow! Beautiful!

• Bcfatbroad
    2 hours ago

I would love to do this. But unfortantly I will only be able to do one door on project as bathroom is so small..I do love it though